I came across this by accident and it really moved me. It seems to be written by Tom Hoobyar (The Street Smart CEO) who used to be a Silicon Valley CEO turned life guru after realizing his career was taking a toll on his health.
In a nutshell:
- Self-management and people skills are the keys to your success and happiness.
- You are at the center of your universe. Stay there!
- What you think about most is what you get.
- You make your habits and then your habits make you.
- Guilt enslaves you. Responsibility liberates you.
- “Obligations” are a fraud.
- Expect less from others and more from yourself.
- Nobody wakes up in the morning choosing to be the villain.
- There is no “happily ever after” in the real world.
- There is a Hell, and it starts early.
- You can create paradise on Earth. Many people do.
- It’s never too late to change.